Reflexology is widely used to help relieve stress and anxiety; aid relaxation and restful sleep; provide clients with a bit of breathing space away from their everyday lives, to reconnect with themselves; reduce feelings of isolation and loneliness; and help restore balance.
Stress and its effects are becoming an increasingly big issue in everyday life for a huge number of people. Many of our illnesses are stress related. By promoting relaxation, Reflexology may help to reverse the cycle of stress and help to bring the body and the immune system back into a state of balance.
Reflexology is a deeply relaxing treatment. By promoting relaxation, other benefits, including those listed below, may be experienced:
- Improved sense of relaxation and well-being
- Improved self care and self healing
- Reduced blood pressure
- Improved immunity
- Improved energy levels
- Slower and deeper breathing
- Promotion of restful sleep
- Improved concentration and productivity
- Improved mood
- Relief from emotional stress, anxiety and depression